'Dance Moms': This Is Abby Lee Miller Now
Dance Moms took over the reality TV scene back in the early 2010s and Abby Lee Miller was the star of the show. Find out what the famed dance instructor has been up to... She has not had it very easy!
Dance Moms ran for eight seasons on the Lifetime channel from 2011 to 2019. The program revolved around the Abby Lee Miller Dance Company in Pittsburgh ran by notoriously demanding American dance instructor Abby Lee Miller. We got a glimpse at some of the best dancers in the country as well as their mothers and how they dealt with Miss Abby.
Abby Lee Miller On Dance Moms
Abby was known for her strict teaching style and her ongoing conflict with the mothers of her students. The show depicted all the juicy Dance Mom drama and often painted Miss Abby as a villain. However, no matter what critics (or moms) say, she had the ability to turn her students into superstars.
Abby Lee Miller Now
Apart from her role on Dance Moms, in 2016 Abby Lee Miller pleaded guilty to felony bankruptcy. She was sentenced to one year and a day in federal prison in May 2017. She was released early on good behaviour.
In April 2018, Abby was diagnosed with Burkitt lymphoma, which is a type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer. She has been a paraplegic since and can be seen posting videos and pictures of her doing her physio exercises from her wheelchair to her official social media channels.
Facts About Abby Lee Miller
- She announced in May 2020 that she was no longer returning to Dance Moms and Lifetime after nine years
- Abby has never been married and has no children
- Abby remains very active in the dance world and plans to start new projects in the future
- JoJo Siwa was one of her students and they still keep in touch today
- Miller was once a guest judge on Dancing with the Stars
- She published a book in 2014 called Everything I Learned about Life, I Learned in Dance Class