Eight Facts About 'How To Get Away With Murder' Star Viola Davis
Viola Davis has played "Annalise Keating" magnificently for six seasons on How To Get Away With Murder. The show's producer, Shonda Rhimes, has already made a name for herself with the wildly successful shows Scandal and, of course, Grey’s Anatomy, so it comes as no surprise that her latest series has also been hugely popular.
Viola Davis' character "Annalise Keating" is a criminal defense attorney, who also teaches a course at the fictitious Middleton University in Philadelphia, PA called How to Get Away With Murder. She picks five of her most promising students to work for her, but, the opportunity is not all it seems, and they get tangled up in a murder investigation.
We just love Viola Davis and her character on the show! That's why we've collected eight interesting facts about her! Learn more about her life and career below...
Interesting facts about the How to Get Away With Murder star Viola Davis
- She first appeared on TV screens in the 1996 film The Substance of Fire alongside Sarah Jessica Parker!
- Her performance in the 2001 Broadway play King Hedley II earned her a Tony Award
- Did you know she had a small recurring role on Law & Order: SVU?
- Viola Davis was nominated for both a Golden Globe and an Oscar for her appearance in the 2008 drama Doubt
- She has been married to fellow actor Julius Tennon since 2003. Oprah Winfrey attended their wedding!
- Viola Davis won an Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her role in Fences (2017)
- Some of her close celebrity friends are Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, and Octavia Spencer!
- She and her husband adopted daughter Genesis in 2011. Viola is also a stepmother to Julius' son and daughter from a previous relationship