Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez Call Breakup Reports "Inaccurate"
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez may not be finished just yet. On Friday, media outlets were reporting that the high-profile couple had called off their engagement and finalized their breakup — but J.Lo and A-Rod have now released a statement refuting those reports. Here's what they had to say.
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez say reports of their breakup are "inaccurate."
On Friday, all signs suggested the power couple had called it quits. Sources and reports from trusted outlets said J.Lo and A-Rod were finished after being engaged for two years. But, now, Lopez and Rodriguez have refuted those reports.
Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez say breakup didn't happen
On Saturday, Lopez and Rodriguez set the record straight in a brief statement made to TMZ. It reads: "All the reports are inaccurate. We are working through some things." And, according to the outlet, the "things" being worked through do not involve a "third party."
The third party rumour was central to the breakup reports of earlier in the week, as for several months Rodriguez's name had been attached to gossip about affairs.
Alex Rodriguez says he is "not single" after news of split
On Saturday, Rodriguez was also spotted in public during an outing, where the former MLB star told reporters: "I'm not single." The March 12 breakup reports quoted sources who had even said a split for Lopez and Rodriguez was "a long time coming." But for now it appears that a full and final separation has not occurred.
The music and sports power couple has been together since early 2017. They got engaged in February 2019 and twice set a wedding date that had to be cancelled both times due to the pandemic.