Sarah Michelle Gellar: What Is 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Up To Now?
Sarah Michelle Gellar is best known for portraying "Buffy" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer from 1997 to 2003. Her amazing career goes beyond acting though... Find out what the incredible woman is up to now!
Sarah Michelle Gellar's role as "Buffy Summers" in Buffy the Vampire Slayer was one of the most popular female characters during the 1990s and 2000s. The story of a girl who has to fight against vampires, demons and other forces or darkness was probably the peak of Sarah Michelle Gellar's career.
Sarah Michelle Gellar's first approach to show business was when she was only four years old after being spotted by an agent in New York City! Her television debut was in 1983 in the film An Invasion of Privacy, but her major breakthrough was 10 years later when she portrayed "Kendall Hart" in the ABC soap opera All My Children.
What has "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" done recently?
During the 1990s and 2000s, Sarah Michelle Gellar did not only portray "Buffy"; she also appeared in several successful films like I Know What You Did Last Summer, Cruel Intentions, and Scream, as well as in The Grudge, and The Grudge 2, among others. In 2009 the actress took a break following the birth of her daughter, returning in 2011 as part of the main cast and executive producer of the American television series Ringer. She also worked as a voice talent in Freedom Force in 2013.
Sarah Michelle Gellar: Multi-Talented
Throughout her career she has shown her professional skills in a variety of fields, for example, she appeared in the 2000 Stone Temple Pilots music video Sour Girl; in 2011 she appeared in the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops, and this year she appeared in a Super Bowl commercial, working alongside the skincare line Olay.
Quick facts about Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Philanthropist: "Buffy" is an active advocate for various charities, including breast cancer research
- Wife and mom: She has been happily married to Freddie Prinze Jr. since 2002, together they have two children
- Businesswoman: She co-founded a startup food brand of organic baking products
- Author: In 2017 she published Stirring up Fun with Food, a book about food crafting ideas
- Model: Gellar has appeared on the covers of famous magazines like Vogue, Marie Claire, and Seventeen