• Home
  • Royals
  • Police Called 9 Times In 9 Months To Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Home

Police Called 9 Times In 9 Months To Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Home

Police Called 9 Times In 9 Months To Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Home
April 8, 2021 - 14:15 / Anna Valenzuela Rosas

Prince Harry and his wife Duchess Meghan have been vocal about how desperately the pair needed security detail when they were suddenly cut off from the Royal family. Their home is constantly being targeted by strangers. 

During Oprah with Meghan and Harry, the pair opened up about "the institutions" hesitation to give baby Archie the Royal title he deserved and all of his cousins have. Meghan was told their child would have strong security detail as long as he or she had a Royal title so when Archie was denied the title of Prince she and Harry were very worried. 

Now, their fears are being confirmed.

Police Called To Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Home

Security has been a major concern for Royal family members for so long. The public obsession with the Monarchy frequently puts the members in danger, some having been attacked or attempted kidnappings

Now many are understanding why Meghan wanted Archie to have the title of Prince for protection. According to Hello!, the police have been called to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's gorgeous Montecito home 9 times in only 9 months. 

Apparently, the police were summoned both by phone and after their property alarms have been activated in the early hours of the morning. Their property was even trespassed on Christmas Eve. A 37-year-old man was arrested after breaking onto their property on Boxing day and was released the same day. 

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Prince Archie in Cape Town, South Africa in 2019.

The pair opened up to Oprah Winfrey about being blindsided by having their security detail removed while they were in Canada. Superstar Tyler Perry immediately reached out to help, "We needed a house and he offered his security as well, so it gave us breathing room to try to figure out what we were going to do." 

The pair were not warned about having their security removed and Prince Harry said, "I was born into this position. I inherited the risk. So that was a shock to me." 

Meghan is currently pregnant with their second child, a daughter, so the Sussex's have all the more reason to have concern for their safety. Luckily, Princess Diana left her son Harry money when she passed away that he had been able to use to fund proper security.