Chris Harrison Announces Official Departure From 'The Bachelor'
On Tuesday, Chris Harrison took to social media to inform "Bachelor Nation" that he will not be returning to The Bachelor franchise. The move comes after Harrison's decision to take a leave of absence from the franchise last year, and one of the former "Bachelors" has spoken out. Find out more about the situation here!
Chris Harrison has become known as the host of the Bachelor franchise, but his time on the show has officially come to an end! On Tuesday, Harrison took to Instagram to announce that he will be leaving The Bachelor behind, sharing some parting words with fans.
Harrison says he's "excited to start a new chapter"
Harrison had hosted the show since 2002 before releasing a statement in February announcing he would be leaving The Bachelor "for a period of time." However, while this was originally a temporary decision after his controversial response to a contestant's racist past, the former host has now stepped down for good.
"I’ve had a truly incredible run as host of The Bachelor franchise and now I’m excited to start a new chapter," Harrison said in his Instagram post. He went on to thank "Bachelor Nation" for their support over the years, and affirmed that the bonds he's formed because of the show "will last a lifetime."
Harrison's exit was a surprise, former "Bachelorette" shares
Harrison's choice to permanently exit the show after Matt James's season shocked former "Bachelorette" Rachel Lindsay. "I wasn't expecting for it to happen, not after the announcement," Lindsay told Extra, according to Entertainment Tonight. The former "Bachelorette" also addressed Harrison's apology back in February, calling it "the right decision" to step away.
Season 17 of The Bachelorette began on Monday, hosted by past "Bachelorettes" Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe and featuring Katie Thurston as its lead. The new season of Bachelor in Paradise will also air this summer, with a variety of guest hosts— including David Spade!