- Tina Fey is a famous actress and comedienne
- She is best known for being a writer on SNL
- Learn more about her career and what she's up to now
Tina Fey (Elizabeth Stamatina Fey) is best known for creating the satirical sitcom 30 Rock, where she portrayed "Liz Lemon" from 2006 to 2013, but her career was already quite successful before that. In the late 1990's she moved from Chicago to New York after being hired as a writer for Saturday Night Live (SNL) - and the rest is history.
She is considered to be one of the greatest comedians of all time. Originally from Pennslyvania, the 52-year-old actress, producer, and writer has been part of very exciting projects both in film and television since 1997, but what exactly is she doing now?
Where is 30 Rock star Tina Fey now?
We all know that one of the most important moments in Tina Fey's career was in 2002 when she suggested a pilot episode for a sitcom about a cable news network to NBC. Although it was rejected, she reworked the pilot and made it revolve around an SNL-style series. The project was finally accepted and allowed her to sign a contract with NBC, where she worked as a head writer creating a prime-time project centered on the head writer of a variety show - and that's how 30 Rock was born.
Unfortunately, the series where she shared credits with Alec Baldwin and Jane Krakowski, concluded a few years ago, but right away Tina Fey created and produced Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which ran from 2015 to 2019.
In 2017 she appeared as "Diana St. Tropez" in NBC's Great News, where she also served as executive producer, and she is currently working on a promising project alongside her friend and 30 Rock co-star Robert Carlock.
Regarding film, her most recent appearance on the big screen was last year in Wine Country where she played the role of "Tammy," as well as the 2020 movie Soul.
Five quick facts about Tina Fey
- She started to date pianist Jeff Richmond in 1994; they got married in 2001 and together they have two daughters, Alice and Penelope
- The comedian has a scar on the left side of her chin and cheek, she once revealed that she got it during the spring semester of kindergarten when she was slashed in the face by a stranger close to her house
- Tina Fey has won nine Primetime Emmy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, five Screen Actors Guild Awards, and seven Writers Guild of America Awards
- She is the first-ever female head writer of Saturday Night Live; and good friends with fellow SNL star Amy Poehler
- She is a big Star Wars fan and often uses references to the movies in her acting and writing roles