- Rick Springfield is a famous celeb
- From television to music, he does it all
- Learn more about his life and career here
You probably remember "Dr. Noah Drake" from the American daytime television medical drama General Hospital. The iconic character was portrayed by Rick Springfield from 1981 to 1983 before he decided to pursue his music career, however, in 2005 he returned to the show and appeared on it until 2007. He also made a guest appearance in 2012, as well as in 2013 to celebrate the show's 50th anniversary.
Rick Springfield was born in Australia but became a US citizen in 2006. He was a member of the pop-rock band Zoot during the late 1960s and early 1970s, but later on, he started his career as a solo artist and gained public attention after releasing Jessie's Girl, his most popular song and number one hit which earned him a Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. But what is Rick Springfield up to now? It seems like the 74-year-old actor and musician has a very busy yet successful life!
What is the General Hospital star doing now?
In 2015, Rick Springfield shared credits with Meryl Streep in the movie Ricki and the Flash. Later on, he appeared in several television shows like Supernatural and Greatest Hits in 2016, and American Horror Story in 2017. He also appeared on the YouTube series Sideswiped playing himself.
However, he currently spends most of his time on stages! Overall he has more than 20 albums, the most recent ones are Rocket Science, The Snake King, and Orchestrating My Life, released in 2016, 2018, and 2019, respectively. He is currently performing on different stages across the United States and Canada.
Still interested in seeing him on the big screen somewhere? Most recently, Rick has been filming for two films: Traces, which was released in 2021, and a short film called The Pitch.
Five quick facts about Rick Springfield
- He married his longtime girlfriend Barbara Porter in 1984; together they have two sons
- He has opened up about his mental health issues; he attempted suicide when he was 17
- In 2010 he published his autobiography, Late, Late at Night: A Memoir
- He is a big fan of Titanic memorabilia and has actually purchased some items
- He describes himself as a dog lover and often surprises his fans on Instagram by posting pictures with his cute dog!