- Tan France is a famous television personality
- He stars in Queer Eye
- Learn more about his life before fame
In 2018 Queer Eye was released on Netflix. The reboot of the iconic Bravo series Queer Eye for the Straight Guy has been such a success that now we are very familiar with the new "Fab Five": Antoni Porowski, food and wine expert, Karamo Brown, culture expert, Bobby Berk, design expert, Jonathan Van Ness, grooming expert, and the lovely Tan France, fashion expert.
Originally from Doncaster, England, Tan France came to prominence after his appearance in Queer Eye, where he helps people to get an accurate fashion sense according to their very personal interests and lifestyles. But what did the fashion expert do before being part of the "Fab Five"? The 39-year-old TV personality actually started to build his career in the fashion industry a while ago!
Tan France: His life before fame
Tan France discovered his passion for fashion at a very young age after seeing the clothing that was produced in his grandparents' factory for Disney, and that's why he decided to study fashion at the Doncaster College before moving to London, where he worked for Zara and Selfridges among other retailers in order to learn more about the fashion industry.
In 2008 he started working in the United States and in 2011 he actually founded a women's clothing line called Kingdom & State; later on, he became a partner in the 2016-founded Rachel Parcell clothing line, which according to its website, "is a women’s clothing brand specializing in feminine and timeless pieces that will be worn time and time again."
Five quick facts about the Queer Eye star Tan France
- His birth name is Tanveer Wasim and he was born on April 20, 1983
- In 2019 he released a memoir called Naturally Tan, where he opened up about his journey of coming of age as a gay boy
- His parents are Muslim Pakistani and he once revealed that he was raised in a very strict Muslim household. His sexual preferences were considered to be negative and he actually came out to his family at the age of 34
- He has appeared in other television shows like Lip Sync Battle and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. But also in music videos like Taylor Swift's You Need to Calm Down!
- Tan France currently lives in Salt Lake City with his husband Rob France. They have been happily married since 2007!
- Tan and his husband Rob have one child together!