Elizabeth Taylor, or Liz Taylor, was a British-American actress, who had a career spanning more than six decades and helped her become one of Hollywood's most well-known stars! Liz is considered one of the great figures that has been in the film industry thanks to her acting talent and her beauty. Along with her brilliant acting career, Liz also gained popularity throughout her career due to her private life.
Liz Taylor stood out thanks to films like The Taming of the Shrew and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? She even won the Oscar for Best Actress in 1966 and won Golden Globes five times.
Elizabeth Taylor's Husbands
Liz Taylor had quite a big heart and was married a whopping eight times! Although she only had seven husbands because she married Richard Burton twice. These we Liz Taylor's husbands:
- Conrad Hilton (1950-1951)
- Michael Wilding (1952-1957)
- Mike Todd (1957-1958)
- Eddie Fisher (1959-1964)
- Richard Burton (1964-1974 and 1975-1976)
- John Warner (1976-1982)
- Larry Fortensky (1991-1996)
During these relationships, Liz had four children: Michael and Christopher with Michael Wilding, Liza and Michael Todd, in addition to the adoption of Maria with Eddie Fisher.
Liz Taylor Fun Facts
- She has been considered the seventh-best female actress in the first 100 years of American cinema by the American Film Institute.
- She was given the title of "Dame" by Queen Elizabeth herself.
- She voiced "Maggie" in an episode of season 4 of The Simpsons.
- She never took acting classes!