Christina Hendricks is known for portraying "Joan Holloway" in the American drama television series Mad Men from 2007 to 2015, where she shared credits with other stars like Elisabeth Moss and Jon Hamm. The Tennessee native started her acting career in the mid-1970s and worked as a model before officially entering the film industry.
Before her work in Mad Men, she appeared in several television shows like ER, Beggars and Choosers, Kevin Hill, and Tru Calling. While filming Mad Men she began appearing in films. Her most relevant roles are the ones in Drive, Ginger & Rosa, and Lost River, directed by Ryan Gosling.
What has "Joan Holloway" been up to recently?
Unfortunately, Mad Men ended in 2015 but right after its conclusion, Christina Hendricks starred in the comedy series Another Period, alongside Natasha Leggero. Later on, she appeared in Hap and Leonard, and since 2017 she portrays "Elizabeth Bradshaw" in the British-Canadian television crime drama Tin Star. Christina Hendricks has also part of the main cast of the NBC comedy-drama series Good Girls since 2018, where she plays the role of "Beth Boland."
It seems that Christina Hendricks' career has always reached high peaks! In 2019 she appeared "only" in 5 movies: Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist, The Strangers: Prey at Night, Egg, Candy Jar, and American Woman. She has also worked as a voice talent in animated series like American Dad! and Rick & Morty, as well as in movies like The Pirate Fairy and most recently Toy Story 4.
Five quick facts about Mad Men star Christina Hendricks
- In 2009 she married actor Geoffrey Arend, best known for his work in (500) Days of Summer and Madame Secretary. But they divorced in 2019
- Esquire magazine named her "the sexiest woman in the world" in 2010
- Hendricks is a natural blonde but has dyed her hair since she was 10 years old
- She has been credited as having the ideal shape -hourglass figure- for a woman
- Christina has earned six Primetime Emmy Award nominations and two Screen Actors Guild Awards