Ariel Winter chops her thumb!
Ariel Winter revealed a cooking experience gone awry on Wednesday, after she attempted to cook some Greek food. The actress went on to explain the gory details!
While chopping some tomatoes, Winter sliced the tip of her thumb, which landed her in the hospital.
"I went to chop a peeled tomato and sliced the top part of my thumb off on a peeled tomato," she said. She then went on to explain how she went into shock when she realized what happened.
"I was so shocked ... it was more like I was hyperventilating. I was like I should be crying but I just can't believe it," she said.
Apparently, the actress hit an artery and bled so much her boyfriend had to drive her to the hospital.
While being treated at the hospital, the nurse gave Winter the tip of her thumb in a bag, but didn't explain what it was. Winter then threw it out, and had to go back to retrieve it.
"I accidentally threw it away and we had to go get it," Winter laughed.
"Obviously I was bleeding a lot but again it's my thumb. Like so many people are in [the hospital] for so much worse and I was like, you know, I was perfectly fine," she said.
"During all this, this is the least of anyone’s worries at all," she continued, noting the global pandemic.