- Bob Barker is a famous television host
- He is best-known for hosting The Price Is Right
- Find out what he's been up to lately
CBS's The Price Is Right was a big success from 1972 to 2007, and part of it was because of its charismatic presenter Bob Barker! The series was named the longest-running daytime game show in North American television history, and unfortunately ended a couple of years ago, and although the 99-year-old Washington native is best known for his appearance in the game show, he actually had a quite successful career before that!
Bob Barker is also known for hosting NBC's game show Truth or Consequences from 1956 to 1974, End of the Rainbow from 1957 to 1958, The Family Game in 1967, Simon Says in 1971, and That's My Line from 1980 to 1981, as well as the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants from 1967 to 1987, is the longest-serving host of these pageants. He also had his own radio show called The Bob Barker Show which ran for six years during the 1950s. Now that we know that his television career started a while ago, we are wondering: What is he up to today?
What is The Price is Right star Bob Barker doing now?
Bob Barker retired from the small screen in 2007 after celebrating his 50-year career on television, but since then he has been an advocate for animal rights and of animal-rights activism; he has been a vegetarian for many years and has credited his late wife Dorothy Jo with causing him to become more aware of animal rights.
He currently supports groups such as the United Activists for Animal Rights and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, he has also collaborated with PETA in order to open new offices in Los Angeles, to keep defending animal rights.
Five quick facts about Bob Barker
- He is a 19-time Emmy Award winner
- He doesn't have children and never remarried after his wife Dorothy Jo passed away from lung cancer in 1981
- Bob Barker published his autobiography Priceless Memories in 2009
- He enlisted in the United States Navy during World War II
- He is good friends with other stars like Rosie O'Donnell