- Two and a Half Men starred many famous actresses over the years
- Melanie Lynskey played "Rose" in the series
- Learn more about Melanie's life and career now
Melanie Lynskey portrayed one of the most hilarious characters on Two and a Half Men. You probably remember "Rose," "Charlie Harper's" (Charlie Sheen) weird neighbor and stalker... but also friend.
Melanie Lynskey had a recurring role in the show during seasons 1 and 2, and later from seasons 3 to 12. Let's not forget that "Rose" was obsessed with "Charlie," who actually kind of hated her in the beginning but ended up being his friend. He even fell in love with her at some point!
What has Melanie Lynskey been up to lately?
After appearing for the last time on Two and a Half Men in 2015, Melanie Lynskey appeared in numerous television shows like Key & Peele, Girlboss, Sunshine, and most recently Castle Rock and Easy.
The New Zealand native has also built a very successful acting career on the big screen. Her appearances in films like The Intervention, Little Boxes, And Then I Go, and Sadie, simply delighted us!
Two and a Half Men star Melanie Lynskey today
The 44-year-old actress, who is also a voice artist, appeared as "Rosemary" in the film Mrs. America, where she shared credits with the fabulous Cate Blanchett!
Most recently, you can catch Melanie in the 2021 film Don't Look Up and the recent series Yellowjackets. She is also set to appear in the 2022 mini-series Candy as "Betty Gore"!
Melanie Lynskey's Personal Life
When it comes to her personal life, she has been married twice. Her first marriage was to Jimmi Simpson and they were married from 2007 to 2014. She married American actor Jason Ritter in 2020 and they seem incredibly happy together! Melanie has one child.
Five quick facts about Melanie Lynskey
- The New Zealander actress became a vegetarian at the age of 10 after learning about sheep farming!
- She suffers from misophonia, a condition in which negative emotions and thoughts are triggered by specific sounds
- Melanie Lynskey was considered to play the role of "Jenny" in Gangs of New York, which was eventually portrayed by Cameron Diaz
- She is good friends with other celebrities including Orange is the New Black star Natasha Lyonne
- The actress filmed her first topless scene at the age of 16 in Heavenly Creatures alongside Kate Winslet!