Kylie Minogue: Her Career Then & Now
Kylie Minogue has been active in the music industry since the 1970s. After struggling with breast cancer, the Australian singer recently made her debut at the Glastonbury Festival in 2019!
Originally from Melbourne, Australia, Kylie Minogue started her professional career in the late 1970s. She came to prominence after starring in the Australian soap opera Neighbours, one of the most watched television shows in the country.
Also known as the "Princess of Pop" Kylie released her first studio album Kylie in 1988 after signing to record label PWL one year before. During the late 1980's, 1990's and early 2000's the Australian singer released a few other albums like Enjoy Yourself, Rhythm of Love, Let's Get to It, Kylie Minogue, Impossible Princess, and Light Years.
But it was in 2001 when she got even more international acclaim after the release of her album Fever, featuring "Can't Get You Out Of My Head", which was named the most-played track of the 2000s, and "Come Into My World", which earned her a Grammy award for Best Dance Recording.
Kylie Minogue - What has she been up to?
Overall Kylie has sold more than 60 million records worldwide. Her fifth studio album Body Language was released in 2003, and it features other popular tracks like "Slow", and "Chocolate". In 2005 she released X, which gained very positive recognition for the song "In My Arms". Afterward, in the 2010s Kylie released four other albums, Aphrodite, Kiss Me Once, Kylie Christmas, and most recently Golden, in 2018.
In 2014 Kylie appeared as a judge on the third season of The Voice UK and The Voice Australia. And in June 2019, the singer made her debut at the Glastonbury Festival!
Five quick facts about Australian singer Kylie Minogue
- She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 at the age of 36 and had to cancel several concerts
- She launched her own lingerie brand called "Love Kylie"
- Kylie was voted the 15th greatest pop culture icon of all time in the UK
- She holds the record for the biggest selling female artist in Australian concert history, with more than half a million tickets sold
- She has tiny feet -UK size 3, US size 5- and she loves to show them off in her music videos!