• Duchess Meghan recalls a traumatic experience
  • Archie's bedroom was on fire in 2019
  • He escaped the disaster by accident

Duchess Meghan (41) invited tennis legend Serena Williams (40) for the first episode of her new podcast Archetypes. In conversation, Meghan revealed, among other things, that Archie's (3) room unexpectedly caught fire during a royal tour of South Africa in 2019.

Meghan and Harry had to continue their appearances

Despite the terrible experience, Meghan and Harry (37) had to continue their numerous appearances. At the time of the fire, the couple was out and about in Nyanga Township, while Archie, who was only four months old, had to stay behind with his nanny.

"We finish the engagement, we get in the car and they say, "There's been a fire at the residence." What?," Meghan recalled.

Also Interesting:

Archie was supposed to take a nap in the room that later burned

According to Meghan, Archie was supposed to be napping in the room which later caught fire when Lauren decided to take the baby to the kitchen for a little snack. In this short period of time, the heater in the room caught fire.

To learn more about the story, watch the video above.