- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban came out in 2004
- It was the third film and is sometimes called the best one
- Here are some great facts about The Prisoner of Azkaban
A new director, a new "Dumbledore", a new kind of "Harry Potter" experience. By this point, with two movies already under their belts, these actors and filmmakers had become accustomed to each other.
Those producing this famous movie series knew that change over the course of a franchise is necessary in order for it to continue to succeed. Some changes were beyond the control of the filmmakers such as the passing of Richard Harris but other adjustments were undertaken deliberately.
Fun facts about The Prisoner of Azkaban movie
The Prisoner of Azkaban was the first time a new director was hired to bring one of J.K. Rowling's books to life cinematically. As with any movie, there are stories from behind the scenes.
There is one moment during filming where Michael Gambon hid an electronic speaker in Daniel Radcliffe's sleeping bag and used it for a practical joke. We invite you to enjoy ten other facts about this movie.
The "Harry Potter" film series defined many childhoods and were enjoyed by older movie fans as well. Here are some topics about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban:
- The first task director Alfonso Cuarón gave to the three main actors was to write an essay about their respective roles.
- Gary Oldman gave Daniel Radcliffe a gift the first time they met.
- What was the inspiration for "Sirius Black's" tattoos?
- What motivated actress Emma Thompson to be in Harry Potter?
- Can you spot "Cedric Diggory" in the third film?
Watch the video above to learn more and hear additional fun facts!