Travis Scott is claiming innocence after a crowd surge was the cause of death for 8 attendees at the Astroworld Festival that took place November 5th. During the concert, Scott kept encouraging the crowd to "rage" despite many members in the audience screaming for help.

In plenty of TikTok videos that have resurfaced, Scott at one point said into the microphone, "Who asked me to stop?" before saying that the crowd "knew what they came here to do" and jumped right back into singing. On Good Morning America, Travis Scott's lawyer is setting the record straight.

Travis Scott apparently had no clue of the chaos

Travis Scott is in more than just hot water following the Astroworld tragedies. After encouraging crowd surges, the rapper has come face to face with some major backlash over the event, and as more videos of the event resurface, is getting multiple lawsuits pending.

Travis Scott - Made In America Music Festival 2019

Kylie Jenner has also been under fire for posting to her Instagram stories a crowd pan of the concert. However, in the clip, you can clearly see an ambulance in the crowd flashing lights and crowd distress around the vehicle. Jenner has also reassured fans that she too didn't understand the severity of the situation or she would have "in no way" continued to film. The clip was deleted the next day.

Edwin F. McPherson, Scott's lawyer, went on Good Morning America on Friday, exactly a week after the concert, to address rumours as well as fact, to defend the young rapper. 

"Travis didn't really understand the full effect of everything until the next morning," he said. "Understand that when he's up on the stage and he has flashpots going off around him and he has an ear monitor that has music blasting through it and his own voice, he can't hear anything, he can't see anything."

Scott was also criticized for going to an after-party following the concert and posted an apology on his Instagram story saying that he really had no idea the severity of the situation.

Houston Police Department called it a mass casualty 45 minutes before Scott stopped performing, but McPherson says that was the fault of the HPD, not Scott.

"We've seen footage of police half an hour later just walking about and not looking like it was a mass casualty event," he said, reassuring that Scott "absolutely did not" hear from authorities about the declaration of mass casualty.

"But clearly the important thing is that never got to Travis," McPherson said. "That never got to Travis' crew. He's up there trying to perform; he does not have any ability to know what's going on down below, certainly on a mass level."

Currently, Scott is being sued by the family of a 9-year-old boy who is in the hospital in a medically induced coma. This is just one of 36 lawsuits that are pending. Scott has also assured festival goers that they will receive their money back.