- Jonathan Taylor Thomas is a famous actor
- He starred in 'Home Improvement'
- Learn more about his life and career here
Jonathan Taylor Thomas was born in 1981 in Pennsylvania, he started his professional career at the age of seven as a model for advertisements and a couple of years later he started to appear in television commercials.
It was in 1989 when Jonathan got a role in television and portrayed "Kevin" in The Bradys, however, his major breakthrough was one year later when he started to play the role of "Randy Taylor" in the sitcom Home Improvement alongside Tim Allen.
Home Improvement: Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Home Improvement tells the story of "Tim Taylor" (Tim Allen), host of the home-improvement show Tool Time, who -with his wife- raises three young boys who are racing toward adulthood.
"Randy Taylor" was the middle child of the family and fans would say that he was also the most level-headed one, but a bit of a troublemaker from time to time. Jonathan Taylor Thomas appeared in 179 episodes of the show from 1991 to 1998. Home Improvement was one of the highest-rated sitcoms for almost the entire 1990s.
"Randy Taylor's" life after Home Improvement?
After his work in Home Improvement Jonathan Taylor Thomas appeared in films like Common Ground and The Tangerine Bear: Home in Time for Christmas, working as an actor and also as a voice talent.
He also played some other roles in television shows like Ally McBeal and Smallville. His most recent appearances on screen were in the 2006 Australian film The Extra, and in the 2011 American sitcom Last Man Standing, where he played the role of "John Baker", once again alongside Tim Allen.
Five quick facts about Jonathan Taylor Thomas
- He was the voice of young "Simba" in the 1994 Disney film The Lion King
- He has Portuguese ancestry
- When he was younger he was a big fan of the music group Boyz II Men
- He is a vegetarian and doesn't use products that are tested on animals
- He got the role of "Randy Taylor" in Home Improvement because the casting directors thought that he looked a lot like Tim Allen