If you are a Modern Family fan you are probably very familiar with the beautiful Ariel Winter! The 24-year-old actress is best known for her role as "Alex Dunphy" on the American sitcom, where she has appeared since 2009 as a main cast member.
Her work on ABC's longest-running comedy series, which was on air for 10 years, is probably what made her famous all over the world. But what was her life like before that? Let's find out!
This is Modern Family star Ariel Winter's life before fame
Originally from Los Angeles, California, Ariel Winter grew up in a household where acting was already quite important - she is the younger sister of actors Shanelle Workman and Jimmy Workman. The young actress got her first job in show business in a commercial advertisement back in 2002, when she was four. Her first television role was in CBS's American sitcom Listen Up!, and followed it with appearances in other series such as Monk, Bones, and ER.
Regarding film, the gorgeous Ariel has been part of the cast of very exciting projects like Kiss Kiss Bang, Bang, Ice Age: The Meltdown, and Speed Racer, both as an actress and voice talent.
A couple of interesting facts about Ariel Winter...
- She starred in the 2019 television shows Robot Chicken, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, voicing several characters, and portraying "Reagan James," respectively
- In 2016 she was accepted to the University of California but decided to attend in fall 2017
- She has won four consecutive Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for her role as "Alex" in Modern Family, alongside co-stars Sofia Vergara, and Jesse Tyler Ferguson, among others
- In 2015, at the age of 17, she underwent a breast reduction surgery
- Ariel has a purple belt in Taekwondo!
- Her Modern Family character is a very smart girl - such as she is in real life. Did you know she started reading when she was 1 year old?
- She is very active on social media! Let's take a look at some of her pictures - she always looks stunning!