'Parks and Recreation': What Is "Ron Swanson" Up To Now?
Fans loved to see Nick Offerman portraying "Ron Swanson" in Parks and Recreation from 2009 to 2015! But what has he been up to since the series ended? Luckily for you we have all the information!
Who doesn't remember Ron Swanson? He is the sarcastic director of the Parks and Recreation department in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana in Parks and Recreation, who describes himself as "a simple man who likes pretty dark-haired women and breakfast food."
Portrayed by Nick Offerman from 2009 to 2015, the character is also known for his passion for food, and for his lack of interest in interacting with other people, such as he says during the second episode of the third season of the show: "I once worked with a guy for 3 years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had.”
Where is "Ron Swanson" now?
Parks and Recreation ended in 2015 but Nick Offerman's career didn't, in fact, he has been working on a couple of interesting projects in the last years. In 2015 he played the role of "Karl Weathers" in Fargo which earned him a Critics' Choice Television Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Miniseries. In 2017 he portrayed "Alan Whitcomb" in the American independent drama film The House of Tomorrow in which he also worked as executive producer.
In 2018 he worked alongside Jon Hamm, Dakota Johnson and Chris Hemsworth in the neo-noir thriller Bad Times at the El Royale, and recently he worked on the 2019 American drama film Lucy in the Sky.
Next up, you can catch the actor starring in the TV mini series Pam & Tommy.
A bit more about the Parks and Recreation star Nick Offerman
- In Parks and Recreation Ron claims to hate and fear his ex-wives, both named Tammy. But did you know that one of them is actually portrayed by Nick's real-life wife, Megan Mullally? They have been happily married since 2003!
- Apart from acting, Nick Offerman is passionate about woodwork. He is a professional wood craftsman and has a side business where he makes furniture and other wooden structures
- He is also a comedian. In 2016 he did a live comedy tour alongside his wife Megan where they talked about their sex life
- He is an avid writer and has released three semi-autobiographical books
- Before Parks and Recreation he appeared in very popular shows like ER, Gilmore Girls, Will & Grace and The West Wing