'Parks and Recreation': Where is "Ann Perkins" Today?
Rashida Jones is a very successful actress and she has not only proved that with her character "Ann" in Parks and Recreation, but also in all of the other film and television projects she has worked on!
Rashida Jones is better known for playing the role of "Ann Perkins" in the hilarious NBC show Parks and Recreation, alongside other stars like Nick Offerman, Amy Poehler, and Chris Pratt. The 45-year-old actress portrayed the iconic character from 2009 to 2015, a very funny, sometimes naive, nurse who is best friends with "Leslie Knope" (Amy Poehler).
What is the Parks and Recreation star Rashida Jones doing now?
Unfortunately, Parks and Recreation concluded in 2015 but since then the Los Angeles native has been doing A LOT! In 2016, she appeared in the television movie Zoolander: Super Model, and during the same year, she had a minor role in Black Mirror. In 2018, she co-wrote and co-directed the documentary Quincy about her father Quincy Jones, which earned her a Grammy award for Best Music Film in 2019.
Her most recent film was in the 2020 comedy-drama film On the Rocks, directed by Sofia Coppola, where she starred alongside Bill Murray and Marlon Wayans.
Rashida also came back for the Parks and Recreation Special that aired last year, too!
Currently, Jones is doing voice-over work for the animated series Duncanville.
Five quick facts about the Parks and Rec star Rashida Jones
- She was once engaged to Tobey Maguire and Mark Ronson, but as of 2015 she is happily married to musician Ezra Koenig; together they have one son
- She was included on People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" list
- Her partner Ezra Koenig, Vampire Weekend's lead singer, made a song about her called Stranger
- Rashida Jones has played three different characters with the name "Karen" on TV series Freaks and Geeks, Stella, and The Office
- Her name is Arabic and means "Major, adult, grown-up, elder or wise"