The very talented Charlie Sheen is best known for his role as "Charlie Harper" in one of the most popular shows of all time, Two and a Half Men, alongside an amazing cast which includes Marin Hinkle, Angus T. Jones, and Holland Taylor, among others. His character was certainly loved by few, hated by many, but respected by all. The 57-year-old actor appeared on the show for a total of 177 episodes, and it was in 2011 when we got to see him as "Alan's" (Jon Cryer) brother for the last time. What is Charlie Sheen doing now? Let's find out!
What has the Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen been doing lately?
After his role as "Charlie Harper" concluded in Two and a Half Men almost ten years ago, Charlie Sheen appeared on several television shows including The Big Bang Theory, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and most recently Anger Management. The New York City native has also starred in numerous films like She Wants Me, Machete Kills, and 9/11.
This is the Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen today
The last time we saw Charlie Sheen on screen was in the American television show Typical Rick. However, the actor has been a philanthropist for a really long time. In the past few years he has been a major donor and supporter of Aid For AIDS; he has also supported several charities including the Lee National Denim Day breast cancer fundraiser that raised millions of dollars for research and education regarding the disease.
Five quick facts about Charlie Sheen
- His real name is Carlos Irwin Estévez. He was born on September 3, 1965
- He has starred on three television series in which his character's name is "Charlie": Spin City, Two and a Half Men, and Anger Management
- He is passionate about baseball and quite an expert on the topic
- Charlie Sheen loves BBQ sauce so much that he has even thought about releasing his own brand!
- He was considered to play the role of "Maverick" in the 1986 film Top Gun