- Reba McEntire is a famous country singer
- She has been known in the industry for years
- Take a look at her impressive career then and now
Reba Nell McEntire was born on March 28th, 1955 in Oklahoma, USA. Reba apparently taught herself how to play the guitar at a young age and learned how to harmonize from her mother.
Their family eventually formed a vocal group called the "Singing McEntires" with her brother and younger sister. In 1974 Reba attended Southeastern Oklahoma State University planning to be an elementary school teacher. She then signed a recording contract with Mercury Records in 1975...
Reba McEntire's Music Breakthrough
Reba released her first single in 1976 and then her debut self-titled album later that same year. Her second album titled Out of a Dream and her third album released in 1980 was called Feel the Fire. Her fourth album titled Heart to Heart, however, was her first album to chart the Billboard Top Country Albums list in 1981. Her breakthrough was in 1984 after she signed with MCA Nashville Records and released her seventh studio album, Just a Little Love.
Reba McEntire: A long successful career
Success continued for Reba into the '90s. In 1992, she released her seventeenth studio album, It's Your Call. She also released a couple of Christmas albums along the way. The early 2000s saw a Nashville comeback for Reba. In 2003, she released her twenty-third studio album called Room to Breathe. Reba found middle-age success and continues to perform and be active in the country music industry still today. Most recently on April 5th, 2019 she released her twenty-ninth studio album called Stronger Than the Truth.
Facts About Country Queen Reba McEntire:
- She lost eight members of her band in a plane crash while on tour in 1991
- Reba starred in the television sitcom Reba from 2001 to 2007
- Reba married Charlie Battles in 1976 and later her manager Narvel Blackstock in 1989 with whom she is since separated after 26 years of marriage
- Reba's stepson Brandon Blackstock was married to Kelly Clarkson
- Reba has hosted the Academy of Country Music Awards for many years