- Duchess Meghan has shared all sorts of advice in the past
- She revealed her lifestyle habits and secrets
- This is how she stays physically and mentally healthy!
Meghan Markle is known for her perfect skin and fit figure. And those don't come easy. She works hard to maintain it all, using a balanced approach.
We'll now present nine tips Meghan shared with Women's Health that you can try to maintain a healthy body and mind.
How to care for your health, according to Meghan Markle
1. Give yourself a break: "I give myself the luxury of downtime. [...] I always take an hour to just decompress, watch mindless TV, snuggle with my dogs and enjoy a glass of wine. That’s all part of the investment. It’s a balance."
2. How to stay motivated: "My health, my state of mind, the feeling you have after a workout; all of this drive me to step onto my mat or go to the gym. Sometimes the idea of working out sounds absolutely dreadful, but I always remind myself of how good it will feel afterward."
3. Make yoga a habit: "My mom was a yoga instructor so that practice is in my blood. I love an intense class – and even better if it’s blasting hip-hop and done in a dark room with candlelight."
4. No gym membership needed: "I do it all on my own. I do DVDs at home or go for a run by myself. I think if you can self-motivate, that’s half the battle," she told Shape.
5. Meditating through exercise: "Running has always been my form of moving meditation, which I relish because it allows me to get out of my head," she told Women's Health.
6. Give pilates a try: "[Pilates is] hands down the best thing you could do for your body. Your body changes immediately… give it two classes and you will see a difference."
7. Don't forget to breathe: "Taking time out to breathe deeply, even if just for a minute, can help to slow yourself down. Taking regular moments to pause if you have a hectic lifestyle can work wonders for your mental health"...
See more in the video above!