Meghan Markle was recently accused of having bullied her past staff, and now the royal family has come forward to address these the claims. As Hello! shares, Buckingham Palace released a statement on Wednesday in regards to the issue, sharing what their plan of action is.
Markle's alleged behaviour addressed by royal family
Markle's former conduct came into question after an article published by The Times earlier this week. According to the British newspaper, two Kensington Palace staff members quit their positions because of the Duchess of Sussex's behaviour towards them. The incident is said to have taken place in 2018, back when Meghan lived at Kensington Palace.
"We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex," Buckingham Palace stated, saying they will "look into the circumstances." They shared their plan to talk to staff who lived at Kensington Palace at the time, and affirmed that the Royal Household "does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."
Markle is said to be "saddened" by claims of bullying
Markle's representative has also spoken out about the allegations, sharing that the Duchess of Sussex is "saddened" by the reports, which she considers an "attack on her character." Prince Andrew has also been trending on Twitter following the claims, as social media users point out the double standard of how these two royals have been treated by the media.
On Sunday, Markle and Prince Harry's first interview since stepping back from the royal family will air as a 2-hour special on CBS. A bidding war is currently underway to see which station will acquire the U.K. rights to show it! The couple sat down with Oprah Winfrey for the "very candid" conversation, which will see them reflect on their time with the royal family, as well as their new life in California.