'Sex and the City': 5 Reasons Why We Didn't Fall In Love With "Berger"
Sex and the City "Berger" was perhaps the worst of "Carrie's" boyfriends. While a witty writer like "Carrie", "Berger" had a lot of faults that we just couldn't fall in love with! However, Ron Livingston, who played "Berger", is quite the opposite of his on-screen character! Here is why we love actor Ron Livingston and the five main reasons that turned us off of Sex and the City "Berger".
Sex and the City "Berger" left a sour taste in all of our mouths. "Jack Berger" may have originally wowed "Carrie" over with his humor and perfect one-liners, but who dumps someone via post-it note?!
While "Carrie" was infatuated by the professional writer, there were a number of warning signs that "Jack Berger" was just not the one.
Sex and the City "Berger": 5 Reasons to Dislike Him
- First on the list is the Sharper Image sound machine. Not only was the sound machine obnoxious but it also just happened to have belonged to "Berger's" ex-girlfriend.
- The second warning sign was the start of the Great Scrunchie Battle of 2003. While "Carrie" may have started the friendly fight by teasing "Berger" about a line in his most recent book, "Berger" is the one who would take the fight too far, breaking down and acting very childish.
- "Berger's" insecurities only showed themselves even more after the Great Scrunchie Battle, especially after his publisher drops him. For example, the time "Carrie" buys him a Prada shirt and he repays her with this next transgression...
- The motorcycle ride from hell. "Berger" did not seem to care that he put his girlfriend in danger and made "Carrie" fear for her life. Even worse was how he emotionally disappears after the incident.
"Berger's" Number 1 Fault
And the number one reason that really made us hate "Berger"...
- The Post-it note breakup! How hard would it have been to say, "I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me.," in person rather than sneaking out in the middle of the night and only leaving a sad note? Even worse, the Post-it note breakup is based on a real-life breakup!
Talk about a sticky breakup! While "Berger" was a bit immature and definitely not "Carrie's" Mr. Right, actor Ron Livingston is quite the opposite of his on-screen character.
Why We Love Ron Livingston
Unlike "Berger", there are many reasons to love actor Ron Livingston. First, you may also recognize him from other series and films including:
- Office Space (1999)
- Band of Brothers (2001)
- Standoff (2006-2007)
- The Conjuring (2013)
- Boardwalk Empire (2013)
A talented actor, Ron Livingston is also an amazing husband and father! In 2009, Ron married his Standoff co-star, Rosemarie DeWitt and the couple have since adopted two beautiful daughters together! We can't help but love Ron Livingston more than his Sex and the City "Berger"!