- 'The Hobbit' films are very popular
- Many fans adore the series
- Learn some fun facts about the movie
To this day, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is still one of the top thirty highest-grossing films ever!
These are some of the most surprising facts of the fan-favourite movie
- Benedict Cumberbatch voiced the dragon "Smaug" throughout the first part of the franchise. However, the very first scream uttered by the creature was actually created by sound engineers
- Different actors were in the running for the role of "Bilbo Baggins," including Daniel Radcliffe, Shia LaBeouf, and Tobey Maguire. Martin Freeman was Peter Jackson’s first choice, but as he was working on several other productions, the entire filming schedule was reorganized
- Richard Armitage plays the dwarf king "Thorin Oakenshield." He is actually 6"2' (182 cm) in real life!
- The dwarf "Bombur" (William Kircher) has exactly one line for the entirety of the three-hour-long film
- Viggo Mortensen refused to play "Aragorn" again in the following Hobbit films because the character does not appear in the novel
- The wig Richard Armitage ("Thorin") wears in the movie is the only one made exclusively out of real human hair.