'The Office': Where Is "Jim Halpert" Now?
John Krasinski established his popularity in the mid-2000s when he was cast in The Office as "Jim Halpert." But when the series concluded in 2013, the Boston native decided not only to continue with his acting career but also to pursue different opportunities!
Born in Boston, Massachusetts on October 20, 1970, John Krasinski started his acting career in 2000, after studying at the National Theater Institute, the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, and The Actors Center in New York City. The 40-year-old actor appeared in television commercials, acted in Broadway plays, and got some minor roles in films in the early 2000s, but his major breakthrough was when he was cast in the 2004 NBC's sitcom The Office, where he portrayed "Jim," a very smart and mild-mannered sales representative and "Pam's" (Jenna Fischer) partner.
Where is The Office star John Krasinski now?
John Krasinski portrayed the funny character from 2005 to 2013 in the iconic show where he also shared credits with Steve Carell, Angela Kinsey, Rainn Wilson, and Mindy Kaling. But what did he do after The Office ended?
Apart from starring in different films like the 2016 movie 13 Hours: The Secret Shoulders of Benghazi as "Jack," and the 2017 film Detroit as "Norman," the actor started to pursue his career as a film director and released A Quiet Place in 2018, a film that revolves around a family that struggles to survive in a world inhabited by extraterrestrial creatures with an acute sense of hearing. The movie was so successful that Krasinski decided to produce the sequel, A Quiet Place: Part II, which is set to premiere in 2020. Regarding television he has been part of the recurring cast of Lip Sync Battle since 2015, he has been executive producing Dream Corp, LLC since 2016, and he has starred in the action political thriller Jack Ryan as "Jack" since 2018.
Five quick facts about John Krasinski
- He began dating English actress Emily Blunt in 2008; they got engaged one year later and finally got married in 2010. Together they have two lovely daughters named Hazel and Violet, born in 2014 and 2016 respectively. John and Emily starred in John's films A Quiet Place and A Quiet Place: Part II
- John Krasinski is good friends with Friends star David Schwimmer
- His first-ever screen kiss occurred with co-star Jenna Fischer in The Office!
- He once said that he would have been an English teacher if he hadn't become an actor
- One of John Krasinski's guilty pleasures is watching reality television shows like The Bachelor