- Princess Charlene reports back
- In an interview she discusses a new project
- Will she reappear in public again soon?
All was quiet around Princess Charlene, 44, for a long time. Although she returned to Monaco at the end of last year after falling ill in South Africa, she quickly disappeared. Because of health problems, Charlene withdrew from the public.
A few weeks ago, she posted on Instagram for her birthday, and her husband Prince Albert, 63, recently gave a promising update on when she'll return to Monaco. Now there is a new sign of life from the 44-year-old.
She's back! Princess Charlene discusses a new project
Princess Charlene gave an interview to the French daily newspaper Le Parisien at the end of February. It's for an unusual project. Charlene will be seen as a character in a manga book. The French-Japanese manga Blitz by Cédric Biscay will be released on Feb. 25.
The former swimmer gushed to the newspaper: "I am delighted with the release of the sixth volume of Blitz, beautifully improved by Garry Kasparov and illustrated by Daitaro Nishihara. I was immediately attracted by the idea of participating in the Blitz adventure and I thank Cédric Biscay for inviting me to discover the world of manga."
The author also spoke about the princess in the interview. "I have been friends with the princess for a few years," he said. "Of course I have asked her permission to appear in Blitz. This was about a year ago. She accepted immediately. Later she was able to see the drawings and asked for no changes."
According to Le Parisien, Charlene will appear in four pages of the manga. Her character is elegantly dressed and on her way to a casino in Monte Carlo. Such a project is rare for a royal, but Prince Albert's wife seems to have enjoyed it quite a bit.
It's good to hear from Princess Charlene, but it's not yet clear when she will make public appearances again. "Princess Charlene is much better and I hope that she will be back very soon in the Principality," Albert recently told Monaco-Matin.