Royal Family Struck By "Sadness" Over Meghan's Tragic Miscarriage: Report
The British Royal Family is grieving after learning of Meghan Markle's tragic miscarriage. The Duchess and Prince Harry reportedly shared the news with their families prior to Meghan's heartbreaking op-ed, published on Nov. 25. Reports add that both Prince Charles's spokesman and Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the sad news, saying that it is a private matter. Though, sources have told outlets the royals are experiencing "sadness" as a result of Meghan's loss suffered in July.
The British Royal Family was struck by "sadness" after learning of Meghan Markle's tragic miscarriage.
The Duchess shared her heartbreaking story today in a New York Times op-ed, revealing that she suffered the loss in July. Sometime since then, she and Prince Harry informed their families of the devastating news. For now, reports say the Royal Family has declined to comment, emphasizing that it is a private matter.
Royal "sadness" over Meghan's tragic miscarriage: Report
As People has reported, both Prince Charles's spokesman and Buckingham Palace said the loss is a "deeply personal matter," in choosing not to comment. But sources have told People and major outlets that there is "a lot of sadness around the family."
However, one royal who has commented is Charles Spencer, the brother of Princess Diana and uncle to Prince Harry. While appearing today on Lorraine, the Earl Spencer agreed with host Lorraine Kelly's expression of sympathy to the couple, saying: "I can't imagine the agony for any couple of losing a child in this way. It's so very, very sad. And of course, I totally agree with you — all thoughts with them today."
'I can't imagine the agony for any couple of losing a child in this way'.— Lorraine (@lorraine) November 25, 2020
Prince Harry's uncle, Charles Spencer, shares his condolences following the news that Meghan Markle suffered a miscarriage in July this year.
Watch in full ➡️ https://t.co/vn8NeFi106 pic.twitter.com/55Eg6rFdNP
Meghan Markle's heartbreaking New York Times essay
Today, the Duchess of Sussex opened up about her story in a New York Times op-ed, titled "The Losses We Share." In heartbreaking detail, she recalled the tragic day this past July when she felt a "sharp cramp" while holding 1-year-old Archie.
"I dropped to the floor with him in my arms, humming a lullaby to keep us both calm, the cheerful tune a stark contrast to my sense that something was not right. I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second," she wrote. Meghan hopes that in sharing her story, she's able to help others in their healing processes and encourage an openness to ask others, truly, if they are okay.