- Justin Timberlake is a famous celeb
- He is known for his music and his acting
- Learn more about his life and career
Justin Timberlake is 43 years old now, but when he was a child he started to gain public attention after appearing in The All-New Mickey Mouse Club. Born and raised in Tennessee, the "President of Pop", as some contemporary journalists have named him, rose to prominence in the 1990s as a member of the iconic boy band NSYNC, alongside JC Chasez, Lance Bass, Chris Kirkpatrick, and Joey Fatone.
Together they released three studio albums, 'N SYNC, No Strings Attached, and Celebrity, in 1997, 2000, and 2001, respectively, and established their popularity as one of the best-selling boy bands of all time due to great hits like "I Want You Back" and "Tearin' Up My Heart".
Justin Timberlake's Early Career
However, in 2002 the tenor-vocal decided to pursue his music career as a solo artist and premiered his debut single "Like I Love You" at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards; he released his debut album Justified only a couple of months later, which went on to sell three million copies only in the United States due to its singles like "Señorita", "Rock Your Body", and "Cry Me a River", which earned him his first Grammy Award. In 2006 he released FutureSex/LoveSounds, his second album as a solo artist, which was incredibly acclaimed for its hits "Sexy Back" and "What Goes Around... / ...Comes Around".
Later on, during the 2010s Justin released two more albums, The 20/20 Experience and The 20/20 Experience - 2 of 2, both in 2013. But the NSYNC star also pursued his career as an actor! In 2010 he played "Sean Parker", the founder of Napster in the film The Social Network; he also shared credits with Cameron Diaz in Bad Teacher one year later, and then with Mila Kunis in Friends With Benefits.
What is Justin Timberlake doing now?
In 2018, Justin released his fifth studio album Man of the Woods, only two days before headlining the Super Bowl LII halftime show! The Grammy Award winner appeared in the 2016 film Trolls, as well as in the 2017 movie Wonder Wheel. He recently starred in Trolls World Tour, the sequel to the film Trolls, which premiered in 2020 as well as Trolls Band Together, released in 2023.
A little bit more about the NSYNC star Justin Timberlake
- He dated singer and Mickey Mouse Club co-star Britney Spears from 1999 to 2002. Since 2012 he has been happily married to actress Jessica Biel, together they have two sons!
- Justin has said that some of his biggest fears are dying unloved, snakes, and sharks
- He is good friends with the lead singer of Coldplay, Chris Martin, as well as with Jimmy Fallon and Ellen DeGeneres
- Justin Timberlake is such a foodie that he actually owns a soul food restaurant in Manhattan!
- Did you know that he was among the 130 guests at Christina Aguilera's wedding to Jordan Bratman in 2005?