DJ Steve Aoki and the word "talent" simply belong together. The Miami, Florida native aka one of the highest-grossing dance artists in North America, has an estimated net worth of 95 million dollars, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Are we surprised? Not at all.
Over the past years Steve Aoki, whose actual name is Steven Hiroyuki Aoki has released six EDM and electro house studio albums, not to mention he is usually the main act of some of the biggest music festivals, including Tomorrowland. But what was his life like before being SO famous?
Life before fame: Steve Aoki
- Steve Aoki attended Newport Harbor High School where he used to play badminton
- Of Japanese descent, he grew up alongside three siblings. His parents are Rocky Aoki and Chizuru Kobayashi
- Later on, he attended the University of California where he graduated in Feminist Studies as well as in Sociology
- During his school life he was a highly committed activist!
- He was part of a punk band named The Fire Next Time
The rest is history
At the age of 20 he had already built his own record label named Dim Mak. And that's when everything started!
More about Steve Aoki
- Has collaborated with numerous artists including blink-182, Iggy Azalea and even the Backstreet Boys!
- Last year he released his memoir titled Blue: The Color of Noise
- In 2008 he won the Billboard Music award for Best Mix Album of the Year for Pillowface and His Airplane Chronicles, his debut album
- Appeared on Robot Chicken, Arrow, and Punk'd
- Best known for his remix of Kid Cudi's song "Pursuit of Happiness"